The National Disability Data Asset (NDDA) pilot is being informed by a Disability Advisory Council, which is chaired by Dr Ben Gauntlett, Disability Discrimination Commissioner. The Council is engaging the disability community about the NDDA and providing guidance to the project.
Council members bring expertise in disability policy, data, advocacy, social investment, research, service provision, business, economics and law. Members also bring experience working with a wide range of people with disability, including people with complex needs, Indigenous Australians, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people living in regional and remote communities.
The Disability Advisory Council members are:
- Dr Ben Gauntlett, Disability Discrimination Commissioner and Chair of the Disability Advisory Council
- Dr Scott Avery, Senior Lecturer, School of Social Sciences, Western Sydney University
- Professor Bruce Bonyhady AM, Executive Chair & Director, Melbourne Disability Institute
- Belinda Drew, CEO, Community Services Industry Australia, Chair, Social Enterprise Finance Australia
- Damian Griffis, CEO, First Peoples Disability Network (Australia) Ltd
- Professor Anne Kavanagh, Chair of Disability and Health, Head of the Disability and Health Unit in the Centre for Health Equity, Co-Director, NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Disability and Health, University of Melbourne
- Professor Gwynnyth Llewellyn, Director of Family and Disability Studies, University of Sydney, Head, WHO Collaborating Centre for Strengthening Rehabilitation Capacity in Health Systems, Co-Director, NHMRC Centre of Research Excellence in Disability and Health, Disability and Inequity Stream Leader, Centre for Disability Research and Policy
- Dr Steven McEachern, Director, Australian Data Archive, Australian National University
- Kevin Stone, CEO, Victorian Advocacy League for Individuals with Disability, Chair, Inclusion Australia (National Council on Intellectual Disability)
- Professor Julian Trollor, Head of Department of Developmental Disability Neuropsychiatry, University of New South Wales
- Leah Van Poppel, CEO, Women with Disabilities Victoria
- John Walsh AM, Adjunct Professor, The University of Sydney
Messages from the Disability Advisory Council
The Disability Advisory Council meets regularly and communicates the discussions and outputs of the meetings.