What is the National Disability Data Asset?
The National Disability Data Asset is a project to connect information.
Governments from different parts of Australia are working together on the NDDA.
What will the NDDA do?
The NDDA aims to help people with disability to
- have the supports they need
- have the services they need.
The NDDA aims to connect information to help make supports and services better.
Supports and services can be things that
- help with daily life
- help you to do the things you want to do.
- Supports and services can also be things like aids and equipment.
- The NDDA is new. The NDDA is testing how to do its job well.
- It is doing this for 1 ½ years. 1 ½ years is the same as 18 months.
- go to school
- get a job
- see friends and family
- do fun things
- live the way they want
- get help from doctors when needed.
- feel safe
- are listened to.
We know a little bit about how well things are now.
But there is a lot we do not know.
This is because we do not connect information from different places.
This makes it hard to see what is really going on.
The NDDA aims to connect all the information together.
This may help people with disability get
- better services
- better supports.
This may help people with disability to be able to do what they want in life.
Any information about you will be kept safe. We will not tell anyone about
- your information.
- can not find out who you are
- can not call you
- can not email you.
The NDDA will work with
- people with disability
- family members of people with disability
- carers of people with disability.
The NDDA will also work with
- groups that speak for people with disability
- groups that give people with disability support
- groups that give people with disability services
- people who do research
- and government groups all over Australia.
We have events to meet different people.
The events can be
- on the internet or
- in person.
- news about the NDDA.
You can also ask us for more information.